HAYUNG: MALIN KUNDANG

MALIN KUNDANG


STORY TELLING
“MALIN KUNDANG”

A long time ago in West Sumatr, there was a oungg man named Malin Kundang. He had a father who worked a Fisherman. However, his father never came back home. Malin only lived with his mother in a small house. People in his her mother worried every day.
“Mother, do not worry. Father will be back soon. Don’t be sad. “Said Malin Kundang”
“I’m anxious about the issue Malin. “Said his mother.”
“You shouldn’t care about them, try to do something that useful. So, you can forget about it”. Said malin Kundang.

Finally, she decided to forget about the issue. She realised that she had to continue her family life and made some money for living. She worked hard day and night. But, she still could make enough money. Malin couldn’t make her mother more suffer. So, he decided to find a job in town.
“Mother, we can’t do this anymore. I have to work in town. So, we can get enough money for living”. Said Malin.
“I have last your father, and I’m afraid that you leave me too”
“Do not worry mother. I will work hard and make much monet, so I can give better life to you”. Malin calmed her.
“Okay, but you have to promise to came back to me after your become a rich man”.

After one year, Malin become a succesful businesman in town. He had married with the most beatiful girl town. Malin Kundang’s wife want to know his husbands hometowns. In the other side, poor Malin Kundang’s mother was worried about his son, and goes to hte beach everyday, hope that her son will be back from the journet. Malin’s mother who always checks every ship that arrived, she hoppy that there is his son among the passenger. She was very surprise when she saw a man who look like her son. Malin Kundang step down frow the ship. Once close enough, his mother saw the birthmarks on Malin Kundangs arm. She is now convinced that man was her son. Missed so much, she bug his son.

“Malin, finally you came back to your home. I’m worried about you”.
“Who are you? I don’t know you. You’re not my mother. My Mother would never wear ugly clothes like you.” Said Malin Kundang, he pretended not recognize her mother.
“Malin, I’m your mother and you are my son. My only son”
“Hahahaha... it is imposible that I have a poor mother like you. I’m a son of rich man.”
“It’s me, your mother, Malin.”
“Guard, take this woman out from my view and give her some money so she won’t disturb me again!”
Malin kundang’s mother cried as she was dragged by the bodyguard.
“Malin my son. Why do you treat your own mother like this?”
“Who is this old woman? She is your mother? “Malin’s wife asks him.
“No, she is just a beggar who pretended to be aduitted as my mom to get my property.”
Malin’s mom cry and holding malin’s feet.
“Malin... I’m you mothe.”
“Enough, old woman ! I have never had a mother like you, a dirty and ugly preasant ! Ok. Let’s go from here.”
Then he ordered his crews to set sail.
“Malin, my son. The richness has made you blind. You have  broken your  promise. If you were my son. Malin. I cursed you, you better be a stone.

In the quiet sea. Suddenly a thunder storm came. His huge ship was wrecked and it was too late for Malin Kundang to apologized. He was thtrown by the wave out of wis ship, fell on 4 small island, and sudenlly turned inti stone.
“Mom. I’m sorry !!
“You’re late son”
Malin had not aplogized and regretted his actions. Eventually he turned into a stone. He was punished because he is not admitting his own mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment